Guide to Breeding your Dog
If you wish to breed your dog as a member of DogsNT, you are required to:
- Apply for membership of DogsNT
- Be a Member of DogsNT or another ANKC member body for a minimum of six (6) months prior to applying for a PREFIX.
- After six (6) months membership.
- Use the ‘ANKC Guidelines for Breeders Booklet‘ to assist with the ‘Open Book Exam’ (see link ‘a’ below)
- Successfully complete the Open Book Exam – Basic Course for Breeders (see link ‘b’ below)
- Apply for a prefix
- Pay all appropriate fees.
- ♦ ANKC – Guidelines for Breeders Booklet Guidelines: HERE
- ♦ Open Book Exam – Basic Course for Breeders: HERE
- As a member and/or breeder you are required to abide to all rules, regulations and codes of ethics appropriate to DogsNT.
- As of 30 June 2016 – Prefixes will only be issued to members who have had six (6) months continuous membership with DogsNT or a recognised ANKC member body.
- Commencing 1 August 2016 DogsNT will require members applying for a Prefix to complete and pass the Basic Course For Breeders.
- The form is also available under the Forms tab on this website.